Thursday, July 2, 2015

Qualifier Brown sends Nadal crashing out

World No.102 Dustin Brown has beaten two-time champion Rafael Nadal to move into the third round of the men's singles.

The qualifier from Germany played the match of his life to beat the former world No.1 7-5, 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 to cause the biggest upset so far at this year's Championships.
Brown, who now holds a 2-0 head-to-head record against the Spaniard, attacked from the word go. His aggressive gameplan worked to perfection during the 2hr 34min contest. Brown won 71 of 99 serve and volley points to thrill the Centre Court crowd. Brown goes on to play Viktor Troicki in the third round.

"I'd never been on Centre Court before," Brown said moments after the victory. "I thought I'd freak out a little bit. I had nothing to lose. I started really, really well and that really helped."

Source: wimbledon

No comments:

Post a Comment